I have been nominated for this awesome blogger to blogger award twice previously by the lovely Colley wobbles https://colleyswobbles.wordpress.com and Loz and the sprog http://www.lozandthesprog.com/ but in my newbie gormless way got very flattered, then very confused, then put it on my ‘to do’ list until I had a) made a blog b) figured out what the flip flop I am doing. So I have gone Liebster mad and answered the 30 questions in total given to me by the lovely ladies…You probably don’t even want to know quite that much about me! The fantastic Northern mam most recently nominated me who I give a big digital hug to https://theblatheringsofanorthernmam.wordpress.com. Everyone’s rules are a little different but you get the idea. I found that a Liebster goes hand in hand with a nice glass of red…it can be Ribena or wine whatever takes your fancy.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Answer the ten questions the person who nominated you asked.
- Nominate new bloggers that you want to share with the world.
- Create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating.
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated.
- Here are the questions I was asked.
1) What has been your happiest moment and why?
If I don’t say when my son was born is someone going to stone me?
2) If you rubbed a lamp and a genie popped out, what would your three wishes be?
For the genie to not eat me. I would attempt a world peace and no hunger wish and hope it was a genie with a lot of power. For my son to always know happiness.
3) Which book has had the most influence on you?
From a series I read when I was 8, the first book is entitled the Snow Spider (by Jenny Nimo). It was about a Welsh boy who was descended from magicians. I hunted the trilogy down when I was an adult and read them again; I felt the same childlike joy I did the first time. It is a special and magical book to me.
4) What has been your scariest moment?
I had an allergic reaction to cyclizine in hospital; it felt like I was falling backwards through a black tunnel. That or when I stole my mums VHS copy of silence of the lambs. Hid under my bed all night thinking Anthony Hopkins was going to come get me.
5) If you were a food, what would you be?
A big, fat, slightly past their best potato.
6) If you could say anything to your boss, what would you say?
My boss is pretty awesome and used to my rather obscure ramblings. I would ask for a pay rise, or if we could have a Thor cardboard cut-out next to our desks so my eyes felt happier to be at work.
7) What’s your biggest dream in life?
Family guy quote insertion.
8) If you could slap one person and totally get away with it, who would it be?
9) What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever done?
Drunk out of the milk carton and put it back in the fridge…..??
10) Would you rather fight a 50 ft bear, or 50 1 ft bears?
If they are gummy bears….either…and I would fight with my mouth. MUNCH MUNCH.
11) If you could have three people (dead or alive) round for dinner who would they be and why?
Gandhi, Alan Rickman and Jane Austen.
12) What’s your most embarrassing moment?
I did an English speech when I was 12 on animal testing. My mum did not read it. I googled alternatives and found that you could test on human foreskin. I was a very innocent child. I thought it was an abbreviation for forehead skin. My English teacher cried with laughter.
13) What do you think makes a good blogger?
Kindness, honesty and relatability. Oh and a shovel load of humour.
14) What’s your favourite place in the world?
15) Who’s your celebrity crush?
Can I call Stephen Fry a crush??
16) What’s your favourite film?
The last unicorn.
17) Which is your favourite book to read to your child(ren)? (Duplicated)
Going on a bear hunt.
18) Why do you write a blog? (Duplicated question).
Because I enjoy it.
19) The Goonies, Gremlins, or Ghostbusters?
20) What is your proudest moment/achievement?
Leo, oh and I can touch my nose with my tongue.
21) What, if any, blogging goals do you have?
For people to feel better about themselves as parents, to find a sense of unity and for it to be useful. And to get more free cake. .
22) Which other blogs do you enjoy a read of?
I have not yet read a blog I dislike, I have a lovely tribe of bloggers who I can’t praise enough. I will publish them in a public list, go have a nosey!
23) What else do you like to do with your free time apart from blogging?
Eat and do endless amounts of laundry.
24) Would you have any top tips for people starting a blog or thinking about starting a blog?
Check out http://youbabymemummy.com/ , read the TOTS100 tips and I had the benefit of the kindness and advice of the lovely http://www.mummyinatutu.co.uk/. Don’t try and run before you can walk. If you feel overwhelmed take a break.
25) What is your favourite post on your blog?
My surprise pregnancy. https://goo.gl/C8l92D
26) Which social media platforms do you use? Which do you find the most social?
TWITTER!!!!And I have Instagram (citrane)..pic junkie….
27) Desert island 5 essentials?
A boat, lifejacket, a compass, navigation device and how to sail book. So I can get off the island asap. Failing that..gin.
28) Have you any funny parenting stories to share?
I do doodles on my blog of all the funny things Leo says. My whole parenting journey has been between funny haha and funny..sobbing with hysteria..
- Inspired by Occupation mother’s fab post- what would you choose as the soundtrack to your parenting journey so far?
- If you were a sandwich what type would you be?
- What is the best toy you have ever brought your child and why?
- What toy that would you like to throw out of the window?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- What is the first blog you read?
- Why you chose your child’s name?
- What really makes you angry?
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
- How old were you when you learned Santa wasn’t real? How did you find out?
I nominate (sorry if anyone already has been nominated!)